Hurricane Dorian has passed and devastated the NorthWest Bahamas, more poignantly the islands of Abaco and Grand Bahama, also causing severe flooding in Nassau, New Providence. Here’s a few ways you can personally help and give aid to those who are now homeless and victims of the category 5 hurricane.
Donations can come in the form of cash or the following material supplies:
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, brooms, mops, Lysol, gloves etc.)
- Canned goods
- Non perishable food items (rice, grits, oatmeal, cereal etc.)
- Portable generators
- Debris removal (shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows, axes, chainsaws)
- Portable single and double burner stoves
- Portable outdoor lights
- First aid kits (sterile bandages/gauze/tape)
- Baby’s diapers, wipes, bottles
- Baby food, formula, cereal
- Sanitary napkins
- Inflatable mattresses
- Sleeping Bags
- Thick waterproof tarps
- Heavy duty trash bags
- Mosquito repellent
- Face/dust masks
- Gas containers
- Water containers
- Drinking water
- Box Fans
- Toilet tissue
- Dog/cat food
- Hygiene Kits
- Insect repellent
- Portable potties
*Please do not donate expired food items.*
*Will update as I receive more credible sources*.
Also if you are looking for loved ones there are several resources that persons have created to locate missing persons.
- Bahamas People Search | Hurricane Dorian click HERE
- Freeport People Search | Hurricane Dorian click HERE
- Dorian People Search – click HERE
Click HERE to donate to emergency relief efforts. They’ve also mobilized hangars where person’s can donate, drop off or mail items to in South and Central Florida:
They’ve also mobilized other ways that persons can help:
Become a VOLUNTEER HERE.
Click HERE to assist with sheltering persons who need housing.
If you don’t want to send a monetary donation; send items via this LINK.
Grand Bahama Port Authority
As of right now, you can buy items on Amazon or online and have them delivered to this address. Call first if you would like to verify.
Please see picture below for ways to donate to the BAHAMAS RED CROSS.
Bahamian Consulates and Embassies
- Bahamas Consulate General, 2970 Clairmont Road NE, Suite 290, Atlanta, GA 30329 (1-404-214-0492)
- Consular Annex, 1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 305, Washington, D.C. 20005 (202-319-2660)
- Consulate General of the Bahamas, Bahamas House, 231 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017 (212-421-6420)
- Bahamas High Commission, 99 Bank St., Suite 415, Ottawa, ON K1P 6B9, Canada (+1-613-232-1724)
- Bahamas Consulate General, Ingraham Building, Suite 818, 25 South East 2nd Avenue, Miami FL 33131 (1-305-373-6295)
- Bahamas High Commission, 10 Chesterfield St. , Mayfair London W1J 5JL, UK (+44 (0) 20 7408 4488)
Can send monetary donations to this LINK organized by Grand Bahamian and Sacramento Kings basketball player, Buddy Hield.
Please see flyers below for list of items that are needed for those families affected and clean up efforts for the Northwest Bahamas. Click HERE to donate.
Will continue to update list. Please keep the Bahamas in your prayers and remember anything helps.